Friday, January 5, 2007

Bread of Life

John 6:40 says: "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

This morning, as I walked in the brisk air and was refreshed, I thought about the wonder of eternal life. It is so liberating to be set free from the constraints of this brief time on earth...just to know that in Christ the quality of life and the nature of life has changed. Instead of seeing a beginning and an end to my life, I see a connection to the one who has been here from before time and will be here when time has no more meaning. There is really nothing I must do to prove myself to others and nothing to fear. As Jesus said in John 6:29 "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

This is a good day to believe in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment