Friday, January 5, 2007

Be still

Have you ever consciously tried to be absolutely still? Once in a while I will try when out on a walk to stop, let all my thoughts and concerns settle and just open my mind to the Lord. I have to admit that it is a very hard thing to completely cease any kind of activity. I tend to forget that He is constantly active and present within and around me. This morning as I was thinking about this I remembered standing in the edge of the ocean surf and allowing the ebb and flow of broken waves to caress my feet. I realized that the Lord wants to caress my thoughts and cares in a similar way as I am still.

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
blessings
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment