Tuesday, January 9, 2007

He restores my soul

This morning I was walking down a beautiful country road near where I live. There are rolling fields and lots of sky all around and above. Suddenly I came upon a large amount of trash that must have fallen or blown off a truck. It littered the roadside and spoiled the scenery on that pleasant road. "Who's going to clean this up", I thought? Then I thought of the trash that "blows off the truck" in our lives...actions and thoughts that spoil the scenery as the Lord looks on. I was reminded that Jesus has picked up all of my trash and restored my soul. I'm grateful that He has patiently promised to pick up my trash and clean me up when I come to Him and admit I need Him to.

1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Ps 23:3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment