Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The core is sound

I have had an interesting time over the end of March and the beginning of April.  I experienced two crashes: a computer hard drive “crash” took me away from email contact for several days on March 24 and on March 29 I had a real crash, up close and personal, when I was hit by a car, while bicycling.  Thanks to all of you for your loving prayers.  I know that our wonderful Lord is carrying me on a bed of prayer.  I am eager to get back in the battle and I don’t think the enemy appreciates these “thoughts”.  My thought for today is building on the solid core of Jesus.  When I was lying next to the road last Thursday I did a sort of inventory of my body parts.  Although the left side was pretty battered, I was aware that the core was ok.  My thinking was clear, I could wiggle my toes, and there weren’t any apparent pains coming from my midsection.  I knew that there was a strong base to build on.  Now I’m gradually trying to expand that base to the rest of the body.  By our very nature we will stumble and fall many times in life.  But once Jesus takes up residence in our hearts we have a strong core to recover from and to build upon.  As I get up and face a little pain to recover, I am reminded of the great pain He endured for each of us…so we can keep building on the solid core.

 

1 Samuel 2:9

       He will guard the feet of his saints,
       but the wicked will be silenced in darkness.
       "It is not by strength that one prevails;

 

Blessings, with gratitude

 

Rob Smith

1 comment: