Tuesday, May 1, 2007

horse and rider

Sometimes we see the Lord in and through His natural designs and we are encouraged.  Last night I briefly watched part of a movie about a young boy and a wild horse.  There were beautiful scenes of the boy riding bareback on the horse as they splashed through the surf and shoreline where the story took place.  It occurred to me that although a horse doesn't need a rider and a rider doesn't require a horse, there is something right and fitting about a horse carrying a rider.  I thought about how perfect the horse has been across time for soldiers, cavalry, cowboys, princes and generals to lead, fight, run with speed and cover far more ground than possible on foot.  I thought about God's specific design of an animal that combined a regal bearing, speed and endurance, a strong back and a trainable disposition and it just became obvious to me that when I see a horse with a rider I'm seeing a small illustration of the handiwork of God.  It's not just in His Creation...it's also in how His created works come together, that reflect His marvelous design.  There are many references to horses and riders in scripture, some of the most dramatic in Revelation.
 
Revelation 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment