Thursday, June 7, 2007

Shadow theology

Yesterday I took a walk during the middle of the day, when the sun was out.  I was conscious of the intensity and brightness of the sun.  As I glanced down I thought about my shadow on the road.  I realized that my shadow was proof that nothing stood between me and the sun.  Even though the sun is 93 million miles away, nothing blocked its rays until they struck my body and cast a shadow on the road.  So it is with the Lord.  He shines on us in such a way that nothing blocks his direct light and warmth and the full impact of His person is felt on my life.  Because we know Him and because He shines on us, we can rest assured He is painting His presence in the shadow He casts.  Look today for the shadow!  His light is striking you even now!
 
Luke 11:36 "Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment