Friday, July 20, 2007

missing ingredient

 
We're staying with my Mom for a few months until our new home is done.  It's great to enjoy some of her cooking.  This morning she was making muffins as I wandered into the kitchen.  She had poured the ingredients into the little paper cups to cook the muffins and then exclaimed, "Oh no, I forgot the baking powder".  So, I grabbed the can of baking powder from the cupboard and she remixed the ingredients to include a spoonful of the powder.  I asked her what the baking powder did and she explained that it made the muffins rise.  A little research shows that baking powder combines an acid with an alkali, which react during cooking to create carbon dioxide gas,,, which inflates the muffins. Otherwise I guess they look more like a puddle than a muffin.  It hit me that, just like the muffins, we need a little lift in our day as we get started, or we may have a case of "flat day".  A  dose of Holy Spirit  in the morning as we awake can give us the lift we need to rise above the pressures of the next 24 hours.  Maybe that's what I'm missing when the day just doesn't seem to have any pizzazz.  I need to bring the Lord into my mind!
 
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment