Friday, September 14, 2007

How deep the heart

My Mom and I went to a movie tonight that had a very dramatic theme and involved great personal loss for one of the characters.  I thought about the depth of feeling a person has for matters of the heart.  It seems to me that the heart is a well.  Its depth is so great that its bottom is beneath us.  And it seems to me that the heart is the sky.  Its height is so great that its limit is beyond our sight.  When we are moved to care and when we are moved in pain and when we are lost in grief our heart is the well and when we are in love and when we are loved and when we know we are one with the Lord, our heart is the sky.  I think we need both extremes to be complete and so I suppose that is why it says in Ecclesiastes 1:1-2 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, And a time to die;
 
I think the Lord made us with an amazing potential to grasp life...more than a mind, alone, we are heart.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment