Sunday, November 4, 2007

Opening doors

Doors can be the center of drama and much anticipation and unknown lie on the other side.  I remember the anxiety I felt walking through a classroom door on the day of a chemistry final exam.  I remember the anticipation I felt walking through the door of a toy store as Christmas approached.  I remember feeling like a spotlight was on me when walking into a new high school classroom 800 miles from my old school.  I remember scurrying through hatches and doors when our ship would go to general quarters in the Navy.  But the most memorable door was the one that opened to find Jesus waiting with arms to embrace me.  Since coming to trust in Jesus as my Savior, there have been many doors to open: the door of marriage, of parenthood, of career change.  Spiritually I've come to believe that the Lord beckons us to walk toward Him by opening a new door each day and walking with Him through unknown events as they unfold.  These days many store doors open automatically as we approach and they sense our presence.  I'm glad that the important doors of life still call for us to make a conscious decision to twist a knob or open a latch (with Jesus in our lives we know that the important doors are all unlocked).
 
Let's approach each new day as a door to open with Jesus beside us and with an adventure on the far side.
 
Psalm 24:7 Lift up your heads, O you gates!
         And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!
         And the King of glory shall come in.


blessings,

Rob Smith

http://2daysthought.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment