Monday, January 7, 2008

The bright and morning star

Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
 
This morning, on my walk, I couldn't help but notice a very bright star in the eastern sky.  It stood out in stark contrast to the night sky, like a jewel, and I thought of Jesus as the "Bright and Morning Star" as referenced in Revelation 22.  I wondered about the significance of that phrase and poked around the internet.  There are many beautiful thoughts and observations that others have made about this special star.  But this morning I was reminded that, just as Jesus shines brightly against a contrast of darkness spiritually, so He also reaches out to us in brilliance and in a personal way.  My eyes were drawn to that bright spot in the sky and so, too, our lives are drawn to His brightness...no matter how vast and dark our surroundings and the circumstances of our lives may seem.  He is the bright star of the morning and He is announcing the coming of the full day!
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment