Monday, February 11, 2008

The faith bond

Matthew 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you."
 
It occurred to me today that faith is something like a chemical bond.  Molecules of different substances "bond" when they share electrons and reach a stable connection.  In a sense, it's a little hard to tell where one element ends and the other begins.  Through the miracle of our "faith bond" with God we share a connection that attaches us and changes our properties.  As He extends truth and Himself to us, the wonder of understanding and grasping that reality can be awakened within and we accept Him and form the bond that can not be broken.
 
John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment