Thursday, February 7, 2008

The power of paper

I use a lot of paper.  My job calls for a lot of analysis and report creation.  My handy computer and printer team up to produce handy paper output.  I was thinking about the usefulness of paper.  It's inexpensive, lightweight and capable of carrying a great deal of information in words and numbers.  Of course the computer screen takes the place of a lot of paper these days...but there's still something nice about the physical nature of paper.  You can handle it, write on it, carry it home and ball it up and toss it away when you're done.  It reminded me of the power of things that are humble.  You may feel as though you have little to offer...that your skills are simple...your abilities fairly common.  I suppose it's good to remember that the most common and the most humble may also be the most useful.
 
Deuteronomy 7:7 The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples;
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment