Thursday, February 28, 2008

To be known and to know

I use a number of software and internet applications each day.  Most of them require that I enter a user i.d. and a password to gain access.  Sometimes I forget one of these and I have to contact the web site to get them reset.  It occurred to me today that the user i.d. is how the computer knows who I am and the password is how I can "know" the computer program.  In a similar way, we have a unique identity fashioned by the Lord and He knows us as one of His unique creations.  The world knows us by our name, social security number and driver's license.  We, in turn, have access to our wonderful Lord through the most wonderful "password." of all.  The interesting thing about this password is that, while the spelling is commonly known, it only works properly when activated by keying it in with faith.  You don't have to worry about forgetting the password.  Once the password is received you may forget Him, but He'll never forget you!  I hope your identity and His identity have come together.  Heavenly access is the outcome.
 
Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  
 
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment