Thursday, April 17, 2008

better than botox

An ad touted claims of "reversing the aging process".  They offered a cream to eliminate wrinkles and turn the years back.  I wondered if this was wise.  Do I really want to turn the years back?  There have been so many hard-won and hard-learned battles and lessons.  I feel the wrinkles and the gray hair are sort of a "campaign ribbon".  I certainly don't want to have to go through all the life-discipline and problems that helped me grow to this point.  And then it occurred to me...it's not so much that we are aging...we're "growing".  Only our body is aging.  Just as the caterpillar must shed the old body and take on wings, so we are gradually preparing to shed this earthly shell for our heavenly body.  But before we do so, there is much growth needed.  So, I don't want to reverse the aging process because that would mean reversing the growth process.  Rather, let us learn all we can and see it as preparation.  Clinging to this life really isn't the answer!
 
1 Corinthians 15:43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete