Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Quilting with software

I have an acquaintance who spent a career working in science, computers and calculations.  She is certainly comfortable with modern technology and strikes me as a "scientist's scientist".  I recently discovered that she also has a passion for quilting.  I don't know why that struck me as unusual...I guess the image of quilting struck me as something old fashioned and "non scientific", although I am attracted to the feeling of family and legacy that seems attached to quilts.  Well, the whole thing came together when I learned that she is acquiring a machine that is quite elaborate and computerized to help fashion quilts using modern technology.  It's also a great solution for this gal because she has a large family and should be able to generate quilts much more efficiently.  As time passes, we may find new approaches to accomplish things that tie back to old fashioned values.  But family, home and loving gifts will never go out of style.
 
Proverbs 31:19 In her hand she holds the distaff
       and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
 20 She opens her arms to the poor
       and extends her hands to the needy.
 21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
       for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment