Tuesday, July 15, 2008

focusing on mileage

These days we're all a lot more conscious of the mileage that our cars provide per gallon of gas.  We're seeing dollar amounts on the gas pumps that are eye-popping as we fill up our tanks and it causes us to think about the necessity of each trip in the car.  Hopefully, gas prices will retreat a bit from these "high tide" levels but, I suppose, high fuel costs are pretty much inevitable.  Last night I purchased gasoline and a gallon of milk.  I noticed that a gallon of milk costs about the same amount as a gallon of gas.  Cars run on gas and I run on milk.  I don't know how to measure the miles per gallon that I provide on the milk I drink.  I do know that the price of milk has also drastically increased over the past year or so.  It made me think about the kind of mileage I'm providing the Lord on the fuel I'm consuming.  I wonder if He's getting the kind of mileage He's looking for per gallon of milk.  As we fill up each morning with our food I wonder if He shakes His head about our lack of efficiency.  We can't do much about the price of gas, or of milk, but we can use our cars and our time wisely.  We can keep our engines in tune and we can consider how much mileage the Lord is getting for each gallon of milk He puts in our tanks!

 

Philippians 2:13 (Message version) Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment