Thursday, July 10, 2008

idea

I've started reading the biography of Albert Einstein.  He practiced a form of mental "picturing" that helped him understand natural phenomena.  He would imagine a man running at the speed of light or a person in an elevator accelerating through space.  He cherished freedom of thought.  With his great conceptual mind, universal truths about space and time began to emerge as he exercised mental imagery.  The point was made that every good idea comes through an individual brain.  Many can benefit from the idea that has come through the one.  Breakthroughs in medicine, science, and human behavior have come through individuals and millions of lives are touched.  This morning I am reflecting on the importance of keeping our individual minds free and receptive to the Lord.  I suspect he has many thoughts He longs to share with us.  One definition of "idea" is "vision".  The Lord may be looking for a receiver for an idea that will help others and you may be the one He wants to introduce that idea through.  Are you walking with a mind open to an idea from Heaven?

 

Galatians 1:11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment