Tuesday, July 29, 2008

waking with wonder

When was the last time you awakened with a sense of wonder?  When did you last have an excitement about the possibility of seeing, experiencing and learning something fresh and new?  That's how I felt this morning, as I drove country roads past alert brigades of corn and through windy wooded paths.  The newborn day seemed to show an equal blend of cloud and sleepy sun, as if it were still deciding what it would wear.  I gazed on my friend, the great blue heron as he preened his downy feathers and blended almost perfectly with the dead log he perched upon.  I paused by the reservoir in Toano and read a passage from Acts (Chapter 1 verse 11) where two angels spoke to the disciples after Jesus ascension: "who also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven." 

 

I think it is good to carry a sense of wonder, for one day as we look to the heavens our wonderful Jesus will appear again in them!

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment