Saturday, September 27, 2008

as the sun passes

It is good to reflect on the brevity of our lives and the eternity of our God.  Like looking through the wrong end of a telescope, sometimes I think we have a way of minimizing God when we should be magnifying Him.  We carry this sense that "just as it has been, so it will be" from one day to the next.  We ought to cherish the new day as a pearl being placed on the eternal string of jewels our Lord is fashioning as an everlasting display of His glory.  This morning I realized my life is like a single day.  The sun, which provides light from generation to generation, also lights my everyday.  And the Lord who created light and reigns across generations also lights my inner person each day, as well.  But just as the day has a dawn and a dusk, my life under the sun does too.  One measure of the wonder of God is that He breaks through into each day, as much as He has since the first day.  While I live under the sun....this is the greatest time of challenge to worship Him.  When I'm past the dominion of the sun and in presence of the Son my worship will be certain.  But now I must choose Him, as He has chosen to shine into my life so faithfully.  Please join me in looking up... bowing down..., and adoring our faithful God!
 
2 Corinthians 4: 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment