Thursday, September 11, 2008

bad moods

Where do bad moods come from?  Sometimes you find yourselves with a gloomy outlook and don't know specifically why.  That's how I felt yesterday.  So I took inventory of the various issues and circumstances of my day.  After considering the reality of my day I realized there was no reason to have a bad mood...so I took my bad mood and put it on a shelf, high and out of reach.  I am struck with the idea that we can purpose to be joyful.  Certainly we do have problems, issues and circumstances that can be difficult.  But I believe it is possible to elevate and see them from a better perspective and it is also necessary to be joyful in light of the great work that has been done...and is being done...within our lives by the living God.  I suppose that is why we need a command from our Lord to "be full of joy" or to rejoice...it just isn't always the natural thing to do!
 
Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment