Thursday, September 18, 2008

personal Genesis

We're reading Genesis and just covered the creation account in the first few chapters.  It hardly seems a day goes by that you don't hear about the creation vs. evolution controversy.  There is a strong groundswell of support to teach creation alongside evolution in school systems.  Evolutionists seem to enjoy mocking those who line up with the biblical account.  The thought occurs this morning that I probably would be squarely in the camp of a pure evolutionary approach if I hadn't had my own personal Genesis about 36 years ago.  It is because the living God found me, and I experienced faith awakened, that I learned to trust God's Word.  It is because His Word pierced my soul and heart and then my mind that I met His Holy Spirit.  Since that day I have had the ultimate of confidence in the Bible.  I discovered the one who had knowledge of me and that reconstructed my concept of my knowledge of all else.  After finding the Lord by trusting in Jesus' redemptive work the Bible no longer had to prove itself as true.  Its truth was established when it answered the greatest question and met the greatest need of my life (Who am I and Will anyone help me?).  I believe that before most people will accept the creation account of the Bible they must first become new creations themselves, because that kind of Genesis leads to Revelation.
 
John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment