Friday, November 14, 2008

Daily walk

It occurred to me this morning that one of the great paradoxes of the Christian life is that, at the same time, we are complete in Christ and we also are a work in process.  I suppose that the completeness of Christ means that we have all we need to go on to "completeness" with His presence and help.  But as I reflected on the process of change in our lives I realized that change comes from many directions.  It can be triggered by a life crisis, or response to difficulty.  It can be thrust on us by a shift of circumstances in personal life, family or society.  But most intriguingly to me, change can come by walking with the Lord day by day, with an eye and a heart set on Him.  I think we all want to be "all we can be" for the Lord but we wonder how to get there...how to build more of His truth into the frame of our lives.  I think one key is this:  If we want to see our lives change, we need to build change into our daily routine.  If we change even one aspect of our daily routine that causes us to walk closer to Him and we build that change into today...then tomorrow...and the next day, we'll find we are focusing more on Him than ever before.  Instead of seeing the vast need for our lives to change and getting discouraged, we can change incrementally as we make more "corners of room" available for the Lord each day.  Perhaps if we are willing to gradually change our focus on a daily basis, we'll find the big picture of our lives showing the growth we long for.

Proverbs 8:34-35 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
      Watching daily at my gates,
      Waiting at the posts of my doors.
       For whoever finds me finds life,
      And obtains favor from the LORD;

Special invitation:  If you are in the Chapel Choir or attend Williamsburg Community Chapel I'd like to warmly invite you to come to the Mini Bible College class I'm facilitating during the first service.  It works out great for choir members to come in a little late, because they still can see the video by Dick Woodward and take part in our discussion.  (several come already) Don't worry if you haven't come before.  Each week is a fresh look at God's Word and you can jump in now, or any time, without feeling like you've missed out.  We're in room 120, down the hall from the Resource Center (library) and we provide coffee!

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment