Monday, December 8, 2008

as good as it gets

It occurred to me this morning as I walked in the crisp December air and thought about the Lord: "It doesn't get much better than this".  In one sense it's just another Monday...the start of another work week, with a familiar set of concerns from job and family.  But in another sense I realized that I start this day in the company of the God of the Universe.  His Spirit lives within and I have the benefit of His help and guidance.  Although I may have many unanswered questions and although I may not have a clue as to the future, there is absolute rest knowing I'm secure in the One who has the answers and holds time in His hands.  I realized that Jesus faithfully went to the cross on my behalf so that I could experience this ordinary Monday in close relationship with Him and His father.  So, although this is an ordinary weekday in one sense...in another sense it just doesn't get any better!
 
1 Timothy 6:6-7 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment