Tuesday, December 9, 2008

spiritual gifts

Spiritual gifts can be a controversial topic.  But there is one spiritual gift that doesn't get enough coverage in my opinion.  That is the spiritual gift that we can offer to the Lord.  As Christmas approaches there is a lot of attention on gift giving and gift receiving.  Family members focus in on what other family members would enjoy opening under the tree.  It occurred to me that the Lord probably will be most delighted by the same gift offered sincerely by all who feel moved to do so.  If we were to picture the gift we could make to the Lord that would most please Him, I think it would have to be the gift of "ourselves".  We wouldn't be pleased if we were given the same sweater or pair of socks each year, but somehow I think the Lord never tires of receiving more of us each year.  Really, I don't think there is anything else that I can give our Lord than to give back to Him what He's already given to me.  I suspect that He won't mind if we go ahead and unwrap our hearts and lift them up to Him this Christmas.
 
Mark 12:33 "And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment