Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Come away

Come away with me and draw close to the living Lord.  Set aside the cares of this world and focus on the presence of Jesus and of His Father.  Consider the brevity of your life in the flesh and breathe Heaven's air.  You can do this...I think you must do this.  Come away with me and consider yourself the richest one, the most powerful one, the most contented one, the most accomplished one...and lay temporary ambitions to a final rest.  Come away with me and be moved by the Good News of Jesus' call to friendship rather than the constant discouragement and false allure of the world's news.  Come away with me and listen for His voice in your inner chambers.  Become acquainted with the Voice you will enjoy for eternity and do not fret for your life.
 
Song of Solomon 2:10
       My beloved spoke, and said to me: 
      " Rise up, my love, my fair one,
      And come away.
       11 For lo, the winter is past,
      The rain is over and gone.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment