Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oversized Load

I'm sure you've seen trucks hauling heavy machinery or manufactured homes on the highway.  They generally have very conspicuous signs to warn of their significant cargo and they often have a vehicle ahead and behind them to prevent traffic from getting too close.  The other day I saw one of these "scout" vehicles that must have just exited from the highway, without the larger cargo-carrying truck.  It was a jeep-like vehicle with a huge banner fastened above the roof saying "Over Sized Load".  It seemed strange to see the sign without the "Load" in sight.  I realized that if I could see into the hearts of the people in traffic around me I meet read the words "Over Sized Load" there also.  Sometimes it's pretty obvious when someone is weighed down with a load they just can't manage and sometimes you don't know about the load until a person collapses under one.  I suppose in one sense or another we all carry a load that is over-sized for our framework.  We may even be a hazard to those around us, just like the truck hauling a double-wide trailer down the interstate.  Aren't you glad that we have a "Right Sized God" for our "Over Sized Load"?  He is interested in taking that load off our puny chassis and He even gives us the privilege of sharing some of the load that others carry.
 
1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Psalm 38: 4 For my iniquities have gone over my head;
         Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
 
Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment