Thursday, April 16, 2009

all for us, all for Him

It occurred to me this morning, as we are in the wake of the Resurrection celebration, that Jesus gave everything He could for us.
He instructed us to remember that "everything" gift when we eat and drink the bread and wine and consider the body broken and the blood shed, all for us. This morning it strikes me that if He gave all for me, I should give all for Him. I do not come close to attaining this, but He is my model. If we can be oriented to give our all for Him I suppose that accomplishes two things: (1) we are no longer giving all our energy to merely satisfy ourselves and (2) we become available to Him to redirect our life energy in new ways that will please Him and will accomplish His work. Frankly, I can't think of a more fulfilling focus. Hopefully I will remember not only how much the Lord has given for me, but I will realize that this kind of "extreme giving" is what I am called to, as well.

Romans 5:15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment