Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Run to Him

This morning I had every reason to be joyful as I went out for a walk.  I had just spent a wonderful day at the beach with my youngest daughter, visiting from out of state.  The weather has been unusually beautiful recently and nature is abundant and lush all around.  Father's Day was very special as my mother and all children and grandchildren were together.  Yet, as I headed out for a stroll down a favorite country road I sensed a vague disquiet in my heart.  I don't know how you can explain such a thing but I believe that there are depths of living that run very deep and that can fall outside of logic or reason, alone.  The thought entered my mind to simply embrace Jesus.  And so I focused my thoughts and simple appreciation on Him and very quickly the fog of uncertainty lifted and joy was restored.  I realized that knowing God is not the summation of theological truth but the experience of everyday living.  Truly He is with us all the time.  The question turns on whether I am with Him.  Sometimes the limit of my thinking is the ceiling of my brain rather than the face of God.  This morning I was reminded that I am the creature, not the creator, and all is well in my life when I properly acknowledge Him and run to Him (even when I'm only walking!).
 
Hebrews 6:18-20We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment