Tuesday, January 19, 2010

fresh take on love

We've lived together for nearly 33 years.  I've never been closer to another person.  Yet there is much about her that still seems a mystery.  She was the beauty I so longed for at 20 who showed me what real beauty was across three decades of living, struggling, growing, blowing it and hanging together onto Jesus.  She still amazes me with her insights into me and her wisdom.  She is every bit the beauty she was at 20 but I am finally able to admit now what I actually have known all along: ....that her beauty goes way beyond what you can see and has a great deal to do with the way she completes me, catches me, challenges me and causes me to keep going and keep growing.  Isn't it amazing what God had in mind when He designed marriage.  It is a beautiful interdependence that both satisfies, stimulates and soothes.  And now that I see my wonderful daughter and son-in-law lay down their lives daily for their children I realize that no other design could provide the security, love and wholeness that each one of us needs to thrive. 
 
I have enjoyed the benefits of God's great plan for family....and it started when I first spotted a pair of sparkly blue eyes!
 
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment