Monday, January 18, 2010

Son of Man

Sometimes I think it is easier for me to think of Jesus as the Son of God than the Son of Man, though He was both.  I'm so aware of His Divine origin, His miraculous birth, His miraculous acts, His "hotline" to God the Father and of course, His awesome faithfulness and courage to walk through all the events leading up to and including the crucifixion....not to mention His resurrection from the dead and eventual ascension back to Heaven.  Jesus appeared to always be aware of what people were thinking around Him and He knew just how to connect with every individual He encountered.  But, lately, I've been intrigued that He also is the Son of Man.  I can have a conversation with Him.  He knows what it is to feel pain, to be despised, to be adored, to get hungry, to get tired...He not only is the only one who can intercede on my behalf before the Father, He is the only one who can relate perfectly to me while also preparing me to meet Him in Heaven.  Because He is from both worlds...earth and heaven and I have only known one of them...He knows what I need to learn and how I need to grow.  He is the sculptor of clay who has become the clay so that He can fashion the most useful vessels.  (And, wonder of wonders, He plans to use this pottery for a long time in a place where it will never crack or leak.)
 
Job 33:6 Truly I am as your spokesman before God;
      I also have been formed out of clay.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment