Wednesday, March 9, 2011

returning to Eden

I had a pleasant morning walk through the woods this morning.  There were a pair of geese paddling on the pond and high above I heard the hammering of a woodpecker looking for breakfast.  I thought about the great diversity of living things that God has made...all kinds of trees and birds and other wildlife.  I pondered why He had gone to such lengths to make so many living creatures.  His awesome creativity was humbling.  And then I remembered that this was how it was in the beginning.  God made a man and placed him in the midst of the garden full of the living things He'd fashioned.   The man was tasked with tending the garden.  Perhaps that is one reason why a walk in the woods feels so right....in a sense it is a return to Eden.  Walking through the garden with God was at the very core of Adam's life and purpose.  Hopefully, from now on, I won't just be making morning walks, I'll be walking with God in the midst of His garden.
 
Genesis 2:8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed...... 15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment