Saturday, June 11, 2011

your ultimate experience

Where and how do you expect to reach your ultimate peak?  Thinking with absolute honesty, when do you think you will hit your personal mountaintop...or maybe you think you already have!  I think there is something in us that is always looking forward...thinking that our ultimate life experience lies just ahead somewhere.  We may not be sure of how or where or exactly when...or for that matter, we may not have a clear picture of what our ultimate experience will be.  Just today, as I was driving around town with my wife, Shirley, I commented that I have such great joy that each of our three girls has matured into a wonderful person.  Each of our girls has become a friend that others enjoy being friends with.  Each girl has found work that suits their personality.  Each is finding young men who share their faith and love for our Lord.  But it certainly didn't happen as a result of our effort, wisdom or talents.  What made that experience of parenting an ultimate experience is the same thing that makes everything worthwhile in our lives...the participation of God.  The spice of living is His involvement to finish what He began in and through us.  It's really not about our ultimate...it's about His ultimate...the ultimate plan He has for individual people...for communities, tribes, nations, continents and this world.  It's great to realize that we can taste His ultimate on a daily basis when we look for Him in the day and yield to Him.  We need no greater ambition than to actively include God in the reality of our everyday.....and one day...the last day that we can call today that ultimate plan will bring us directly into His throne room.  (that seems like a good ultimate to think about too!)

2 Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death.18 Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into his heavenly Kingdom. 

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment