Tuesday, September 13, 2011

all a gift

Standing next to the pond this morning, I began thanking the Lord for life and parents and all the experiences that have shaped me. Suddenly it occurred to me that "it's all a gift". I had nothing to do with being here...I had nothing to do with my design...I can take no credit for any aspect of the functioning of this body...The many blessings I enjoy are all because I have been given this life and all that comes with it. So...if this life is a gift...what is to be done with it? Does it make sense that I was given so much to be simply satisfied with self? The best gifts don't sit on a shelf and certainly don't remain unwrapped. The best gifts give pleasure as they are opened because of the potenial they hold and the best gifts are held and used to fashion gifts for others...and to give joy to the Giver.
Ecclesiastes 5:19 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment