Saturday, September 24, 2011

out of the fog

The pond was like an impressionist painting this morning with fog and mist blurring the features of water, trees and shoreline. The moisture in the air seemed to hold everything together and greeted me with a cold, wet kiss under a low ceilinged sky. The intimacy of the weather reminded me of the closeness I have with my Lord and the question mark that shapes every new day was replaced by a statement of His reality and purpose. I remembered that every aspect of my life centers on, and returns to, the fact and the existence of a living God. I have a heart and a mind and a will but they are as vague as the foggy morning around me without the sharp inner presence of the Maker of all. So I will rise up, out of the fog, and stride into this day with His purpose and His presence. The fog of my life lifts as His light washes over me.
1 John 3:1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment