Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the Only God


 
This was a trial! I had the entire email ready to go and somehow deleted it! My walk this morning led to thoughts of wanting to walk closer with God during the day, when faced with a multitude of choices and distractions. In my mind I "know" that I should choose the Lord over other motivations for activity but I am easily led down other paths. When faced with the question of how to love the Lord more effectively, the conclusion I came to this morning, as I enjoyed the solitude of the country road and pre-dawn sky, was to remember that He is the "Only" God and should be the "Only" focus of my heart and mind. If I cannot connect the purpose for my activity to Him I need to challenge my investment of heart and mind in that activity. The Only God has a rightful claim to 100% of our being. So, I think the question is not: "How can I love you more?" It is: "How can I love you only?" Looking at a different way: What can I give myself to that has more assurance of satisfaction and lasting value? 

No comments:

Post a Comment