Tuesday, November 1, 2011

night reflections

We will turn our clocks back this weekend and gain a little more light for the morning.  But today at 6 am it was like night and the skies were further shrouded in clouds.  I tried walking down a local road through the woods but it was too dark to see the road and still muddy.  So I drove down to the local pond and carefully walked to the water's edge where enough light from distant houses bounced off the clouds and formed a night reflection on the pond.  I began talking with the Lord about the problem I was having with "getting past", or "getting over" the car accident I had last week.  It just seemed like I couldn't stop fixating on it and I asked for the Lord's help.  I climbed back into my truck and headed toward home.  Suddenly I saw the headlights of a semi-tractor trailer staring into mine as I approached the intersection with the muddy road I'd tried to walk earlier.  He was stopped and the young driver walked up to my truck.  He he had come down the wrong road and wanted to know if he could proceed ahead and turn around.  I explained that there was no way to turn around by the pond but that I could help guide him back into the small muddy road and turn around.  I was able to stand by the rear of the long trailer and help him with a few backing and turning adjustments and he was able to get out of a very sticky situation.  As he pulled off I realized that the Lord had met me on the road and provided a source of healing for my accident fixation.  Helping someone else was a great morning medicine to take!  Truly He sees, He hears and He is involved in every aspect of our lives!

Psalm 33:13 The LORD looks from heaven;
         He sees all the sons of men.
 14 From the place of His dwelling He looks
         On all the inhabitants of the earth;
 

No comments:

Post a Comment