Wednesday, December 7, 2011

across the table

Sometimes it enhances the worship experience to visit a different church than your home church.  We attended church with Courtney and Ben this past Sunday and enjoyed a lovely Communion Service with them.  As we participated I listened to the familiar words from scripture that relayed Christ's intention for us to remember Him through the bread and wine.  Suddenly my thoughts transferred from the wonderful meaning of the broken body and shed blood represented by the elements to Christ, Himself, and I realized that I was sitting across the table from Him and He was distributing the bread and wine to me.  I thought about the truth that I now sit daily at the same table as my Savior.  We share meals...we share the daily walk of living...we share all of life in this personal way.  Because I have received Christ as my Savior, I have received the body and blood just like a person receives food to eat and the result is that the Savior and I are united.  He is in me and I am in Him...
And Jesus is always across the table from me, passing the bread and wine each and every day.  I am glad to share this table and my Savior with you.

Luke 22: 27 For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves. 
28 "But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.29 And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, 30 that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment