Wednesday, March 7, 2012

chasers

 
"We're all chasing something", I thought to myself this morning. Whether it's the next dollar, the next dream or the next deal we're chasing something. Sometimes dogs chase their tails...but then sometimes people chase storms to see how close they can get to disaster (what do you do when you catch a tornado anyhow?). As I returned from a morning walk through the woods I saw the sunlight of the new day paint the top of some tall trees up ahead. It occurred to me that another thing to chase is the source of that light. To be satisfied with chasing the Source of the Light...I think that's the chase I want to follow. On Monday night our MiniBible class was discussing the grand and glorious picture of our relationship with God that is painted in Ephesians, chapter 1. Here's a sample of what I mean:
 
Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.
 
We have so much to uncover, recover and discover about the Lord and His plans. In our class we talked about how satisfying truth is. We decided that another definition for truth is "Seeing things from God's point of view". So much of our lives we look at things from our point of view. As we chase the Source of Light and truth breaks out we begin to see things from God's point of view and I think that the only word for that is Truth. There is something so satisfying about finding truth. I suppose that is because there is something so satisfying about seeing things the same way that God does. That's when we feel especially close and united with Him.
 
Something worth chasing, I think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment