Saturday, March 24, 2012

the sickness fast

I've been out of the devotional loop for the past few weeks.  Shingles attacked and brought a custom look to my face and a persistent headache that felt like a little Leprechaun had moved into my head with an ambition to become a boxer, with my brain the punching bag.  It has been a little frustrating not to keep up with devotional thoughts each day but this morning it occurred to me that it really isn't about me and whether I am able to process a normal devotional walk, or whether I must batten down the hatches and weather a sickness.  Sickness is something like a fast and we are reminded that it really is God who is carrying us at all times...we just realize this more correctly when we are ill.  When I am silent, He still speaks.  When I am unable to think or function, He functions still.  Though I am on a riverbank, the river is still flowing.  How good to be reminded that He is the source and I the recipient.  He is Creator and I am created.  He has always been and, together, we will always be!

Psalm 86:10 
For You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment