Saturday, May 12, 2012

Assisted Living

Inevitably...as we move deeper into our years our bodies begin to fade and falter.  This isn't really a failure of design, it's part of the design because the outer wrapper needs to fall away before we can live in eternal places.  But, while we are here we have invented special places called "Assisted Living" or "Retirement Communities" or "Senior Centers".  These are wonderful and practical answers to the needs we have as our bodies make those early indications that Heaven is just ahead.  But there is something about that phrase: "Assisted Living"...  It occurred to me that I need assisted living every day, regardless of how the body is functioning.  I need assistance with decisions, assistance with healing when sick, assistance in relating properly to my wife, friends and total strangers.  I don't it's possible for me to really live even close to the way I was intended to live without help...specifically the help of the God who has moved into my life.  Without Him, I wouldn't even be alive in any respect...and certainly wouldn't experience the abundant life that flows from His deep spring.  I am pleased to live forever in this Assisted Living community.  The joy comes from the awareness of that assistance.

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
 
blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment