Tuesday, May 15, 2012

energy for the future

On Mother's Day my daughter's family, my mother and we gathered at a local place for a bite to eat.  It was the kind of place where you could sit on a patio as you ate.  The adults were content to sit, eat and visit but the children were like popcorn jumping out of an uncapped pot.  I suppose they ate a little but, as soon as possible, they left their seats and formed a motley pack to climb over the rail and race around the restaurant, hide in bushes, climb small trees and make every effort to get out the sight of the adults.  My son-in-law used his football prowess to track each one and chase them down.  I couldn't get over the energy of the children.  They are so full of life that it bursts out of them.  I think that our concerns about domestic energy supplies are overblown.  There is plenty of energy waiting to be unleashed for the coming generation!

Mark 10:14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.

blessings, 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment