Tuesday, June 12, 2012

eagle from Heaven!

After working through several Psalms about David seeking refuge from his enemies I was delighted to break through to Psalm 8, which celebrates the majesty of God and the beauty of His Creation.  I was hopeful of finding a photo that would capture some of that beauty but the morning was inauspicious...gray and sullen sky and the pond was strangely quiet.  I wandered and found one picture of a heron hiding in some tall weeds and was about to head home when I stopped by the main pond view one more time.  Suddenly I saw a large bird flying from the far end of the pond in my direction.  I trained my camera up and snapped and caught a gorgeous bald eagle in display.  the Lord provided an eagle from Heaven to illustrate Psalm 8.

Psalm 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
               Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!
            4 What is man that You take thought of him,
               and the son of man that You care for him?
             6 You make him to rule over the works of your hands;
                You have put all things under his feet,
             8 The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea


blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment