Sunday, July 22, 2012

deer

This deer was spotted by a visiting friend last night in our back yard.  I think deer are very beautiful...graceful and finely formed.  I know that they can be bothersome when it comes to eating from our gardens but I'm sure they look like buffet lines to the deer.  In many ways deer are unremarkable.  They live about 5-6 years, reach an adult weight very similar to human size and feed on plants exclusively.  But they are remarkably quick and I have been amazed to see how they can melt into a thick woods and seemingly disappear in seconds.  They are a perfect match for their environment and are comfortable with their surroundings.  

Habakkuk 3:19 
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    able to tread upon the heights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment