Monday, November 5, 2012

life or luck

We enjoyed some take out Chinese food last night.  As usual there were some fortune cookies in the meal.  Mine said that I'd find "luck" when I went home.... Of course I was already home, but I thought about what luck was...and decided that I'd already found something much better than luck.  I'd found "life" when I also found my home was not here, but in Heaven.  We hear a lot about "luck".  It's some kind of ethereal force that has no connection to morality or higher purpose.  It seems to show up after the fact, when good circumstances are attributed to good luck and bad circumstances are associated with bad luck.  I'm so glad to have "life" that cuts through circumstances like an aircraft carrier cuts through heavy seas.  When we are clothed with Jesus Christ we are covered with life and filled with His presence and our horizon is eternity and our hope is sure.  So, I think I'll skip the fortune cookies from now on....Life trumps luck every time!

Romans 5:21 So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

blessings and life,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment