Thursday, December 6, 2012

why we have sin

I finally figured out why there is sin.  I used to wonder why the God of all Creation would permit us to do bad things to each other and why He would even begin to tolerate a character like Satan to defile His work.  But now I think I understand.  You see, God tried to establish a relationship with man before sin was present.  Adam and Eve were people who had that kind of relationship.  But the lasting bond that God wanted to fashion just wasn't appreciated in the Garden of Eden.  Perhaps it was something like a spoiled child, who is given everything and has no appreciation for the givers or the labor that lies behind the gift.  It wasn't until sin entered the scene (God, being all knowing knew that what appeared to be a victory for Satan was really a greater victory for Himself) that the catalyst for a lasting relationship was forged: Deliverance.  We need a baseline of appreciation, like the lifelong gratitude one would have for being rescued from a fire, or pulled from drowning...to forge an iron clad bond with the deliverer.  God permitted His people to go through hundreds of years of slavery so that their deliverance would forge a nation that continues today.  
Sin is the ultimate slavery, but God is the ultimate deliverer.  And the best part of all is that, as we turn from our sin in repentance and claim the only path we have for sin's deliverance...that permanent bond that God attempted first with Adam and Eve now becomes reality for us and our temporary walk through this life will continue in eternal life, once our earthly battery runs down.  It is the bond of deliverance!

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment