Sunday, January 6, 2013

a spouse in the house

There's a spouse in the house!
She's different from me...
In every way possible,
or so it sure seems...

She's soft and warm while I'm scratchy and cold
Her voice is like music
Mine's brassy or bold.

She's always loved flowers, plants, curtains and rugs
While I'd be content in a box without bugs

We somehow fit in millions of ways,
but she is sure different
(that's a good thing, I'd say!)

I love her around and I love her to stay
I love the three children who showed up one day 
(they grew and went away!)

There's a spouse in my house,
I'm glad to say.
She's absolutely great...
(I'm amazed every day)


for Shirley
Proverbs 5:18 
Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
    Rejoice in the wife of your youth.

blessings,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment