Wednesday, January 16, 2013

michael

I have a nephew, Michael, whom I love very much.  One of the reasons I love Michael is that he is proactive when it comes to life and living.  He is not one to "let life happen".   Michael makes life come alive.  He has a penchant for adventure and has traveled much of the world on a shoestring.  And when he travels he likes to go to the backwoods, the hinterlands, the remote areas and some of the beautiful spots that many don't see.  Michael has developed great talent as a photographer to capture the beauty of nature and people from his trips.  I love the proactive way that Michael is going after life.  I think too many of us just let "life happen" or feel constrained by routine or obligation.  I think this is especially true when it comes to the life beyond this short life.  We may ignore the question of eternity...deny the possibility of life beyond and just let one day become another, and we just sit on the question marks about the bigger things that lie within.  That's why I am excited about a current study of the last book in the Bible, the Revelation, that opens windows and doors to place life here in the context of life forever.  And just as I love Michael's adventurous approach to life, so I love the Apostle John's adventurous walk with Jesus, that culminated in this great and exciting picture of forever living.

Revelation 1:Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment