Sunday, February 24, 2013

in our image

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness..."

In the image of God we're made
Created by His spoken word

Like Him are we formed, that we may
See Him and know of His ways

How can I be like my God?
When stumbling I trip through my day?

How can it be?  Seems too odd
My maker...like me in some way?

It must be the eternal side,
designed for ever past time

and maybe the way we can love,
like His love for you and for I.

Perhaps it's an eye for art
and ears that savor sound.

The choices that put others first
and greater joys than self, we've found

Perhaps we are formed like our God
that upward we'll recognize

His downward gaze, as it joins
Our worship through His fashioned eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment