Wednesday, April 3, 2013

into the closet

I step into the closet...
What should I wear today?

I'll find your shirt from cotton fields
to shield this heart of clay...

Trousers from the wooly lamb
remind me how you came,

in lowly pomp on donkey back
We'd never be the same.

Stepping from my closet,
I put You on today

Dress me with your very self
Before I step away

Fill this mind with thoughts so high
That earthly cares do melt

Turn this heart into a place
Where love is often felt

Clothe me with your presence Lord
And wrap me in your arms

Send me to the world today
Dressed in Jesus' form.


Galatians 3:26-27 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.


blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment