Monday, April 1, 2013

sanctuary of the mind

There is a vault kept deep within,
the center of my life

Where thoughts play out and fears intrude
and quiet blends with noise

It's where I find my self defined
and where the heart can speak

Despite the outer look I show,
It's the real, unvarnished me

I choose what to consider there
What cares to entertain

My secret place...essential me
Sanctuary of the mind

And as I go about the days
And plow a row through time

It is the place where lessons learned
Guide to a greater find

That there is One to welcome in
the sanctuary chamber

His tender love is warm and kind
With grace He cloaks my inner room
and I, secure, remain there.


Ephesians 3:14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment